As a representative of Arizona for the CD 01, I will support President Trump in his efforts to protect our sovereignty and enact strong border protection measures.
We, as Americans, support legal immigration. However, we do not support individuals coming into our country illegally, ignoring our laws, and costing taxpayers billions of dollars each year for health care, education and other social services.
In addition, illegal immigration is devastating to our national security and economy because of the following:
- 99.8% of Meth and 99.9 percent of marijuana seized in the U.S. came from southern border.
- Cartels from Mexico and South American send millions of tons of cocaine, heroin, and fentanyl across our southern border.
- Human trafficking and forced child prostitution is big business for MS-13 gang members in the United States.
- Thousands of Americans are hurt, raped and murdered by illegal immigrants each year.
- 95% of foreign nationals in federal prison are illegal immigrants, resulting in a cost to the U.S. taxpayers of about $1.4 billion every year.
I would work to enact legislation to accomplish more secure and necessary border protection features, including the following:
- Build and finish the wall.
- Pass and enact the End Child Trafficking Now Act proposed by Congressman Lance Gooden (R) Texas.
- Strengthen border checkpoints with added technology and border patrol agents.
- Enforce H1 VISA terms and revise eligibility requirements.
Democrats want to ignore the safety and protection of hard working Americans, support dangerous “Sanctuary” policies, and provide illegal immigrants with free health care, college tuition and other free social services. Many Americans are struggling to pay their own skyrocketing health care and educational costs for their own children yet illegal immigrants get such things for free? This is wrong on so many levels!
My desire is that America and her citizens be safe and secure. To accomplish this, we need a safe and secure border. Let us work together to accomplish this feat for ourselves and our posterity.